Cabinet Approvals On 6th February, 2019
8 Feb 2019 | Cabinet Approvals On 6th February, 2019
- Total View: 107
- Posted: Feb 9, 2019 1:56 am
Cabinet Approvals On 6th February, 2019
On 7th February 2019, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi took plethora of approvals. The important Cabinet Approvals with their details are as follows-
Cabinet approves the revised Office Memorandum of ‘Amendment of Constitution to facilitate reservations for Economically Weaker Sections of Society’
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has given the approval to revised Office Memorandum regarding Amendment of Constitution to provide reservations for economically weaker sections of society.
- This amendment will encourage social justice by facilitating opportunities in employment, education and competitive exams to economically weaker sections of the general category of society.
- The Constitution (103 Amendment) Act amends Articles 15 and 16 of constitution and it will provide 10% reservation in government jobs and education to Economically Weaker Sections.
Cabinet approves formulation of certain allowances to the executives of AAI prescribed by DPE
The Union Cabinet has approved the formalization of various allowances which are being paid over and above the 50% ceiling advised by Department of Public Enterprises (DPE) to the executives of certain operational category employees of Airport Authority of India.
- The employees of operational category like Air Traffic Controller, Communication Officers, and Pilots will be granted allowances like rating allowance, flying allowance, instructor allowance, proficiency allowance, stress allowance and further these allowances will be kept aside the range of 35% (revised) ceiling.
- The settlement was taken in consideration of the fact that technical employees are keeping the air activities secure and air-traffic has increased.
Abolition of Institutions of Indirect Tax Ombudsman and Income-Tax Ombudsman was approved by Cabinet
The Union Cabinet has approved the abolition of Institution of Income-Tax Ombudsman and Indirect Tax Ombudsman as public favour other possible ways to complain over the ombudsman.
- This approval of abolition comes against the backdrop of public preferring other complaint redressal mechanisms such as Aaykar Seva Kendras, Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System, etc.
- Both the Institutions- Indirect Tax Ombudsman and Income-Tax Ombudsman have failed to manifest their effectiveness and achieve their objectives, which resulted in fall in number of complaints.
The Proposal of Ministry of Power for higher power allocation to Home State from Under Construction Projects of NTPC
The Cabinet Committee chaired by Narendra Modi has approved the proposal of Ministry of Power to allocate 85% of Power generated to Telangana and Jharkhand from Under Construction Projects of National Thermal Power Corporation Limited.
i.The proposal seeks to provide 85% of power to Telangana govt. generated from Telangana Super Thermal Power Project (4000MW) of NTPC ltd. and further 85% to Jharkhand govt. from Patratu Thermal Power Station (4000MW) of Patratu Vidyut Utpadan Nigam ltd. of NTPC ltd..
ii.Both these allocations to Telangana and Jharkhand will lay an impact to ensure the progress & sustainable development and to improve the power scenario of the state.
iii.Both the Projects will be allocated in two phases as follows-
- Telangana project which will come up at Ramagundam in Peddapalli district. The 1st phase will comprise 2 units of 800 MW each and 2nd phase will comprise of 3 units of 800 MW each.
- Jharkhand project will come up at Patratu in Ramgarh district of Jharkhand. The 1st phase will comprise of 3 units of 800 MW and 2nd phase will comprise of 2 units of 800 MW.
♦ Capital – Hyderabad
♦ Chief Minister- K. Chandrashekar Rao
♦ Governor: E.S.L. Narasimhan
♦ Capital – Ranchi,
♦ Chief Minister- Raghubar Das
♦ Governor: Draupadi Murmu
Introduction of National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Bill, 2019 approved by Cabinet
The Union Cabinet has approved the introduction of National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Bill, 2019 to confer the position of National importance to Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management (NIFTEM) at Haryana, Kundli and Institute pf Food Processing Technology at Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu.
- This institute will given autonomy to undertake several activities through self-governance like designing of courses, conducting research activities and uplifting of status in academic track.
- The institutes will further facilitate the government’s reservation policy for the advantage of concerned shareholders.
Cabinet approves establishment of a unified authority to regulate all the financial services in International Financial Services Centres (IFSCs) in India
The Union Cabinet has approved an International Financial Services Centres Authority Bill, 2019 to set up a consolidated authority to control and regulate financial services in International Financial Services Centres in India.
- This unified authority will have an outcome to allocate world class regulatory domain to market participants from an ease of doing business point of view.
- The unified authority will handle services, products, institutions related to finance notified by IFSCs and Government of India.
- The unified authority will have all the powers which were exercise by the respective financial authorities like RBI, SEBI, IRDAI under respective acts.
- This authority will further enhance the development of IFSCs in India by facilitating employment in the IFSCs in particulars as well as in financial sector on India.
The Establishment of Circuit Branch of Calcutta High Court at Jalpaiguri, West Bengal has been approved by Union Cabinet
On 6th February 2019, The Union Cabinet chaired by Narendra Modi approved the setting up of a Circuit bench of Calcutta High court at Jalpaiguri in West Bengal and assess the progress of infrastructure facilities there.
- This Circuit bench will have jurisdiction in 4 places- Darjeeling, Jalpaiguri, Cooch Behar, Kalimpong.
- This formation of bench comes as a backdrop of 1988 Calcutta High Court meeting’s decision, further following to the cabinet decision approving the proposal in 2006.
♦ Capital: Kolkata
♦ Governor: Keshari Nath Tripathi
♦ Chief Minister: Mamta Banerjee
Cabinet approves amendments to ban Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2018
The Union Cabinet has approved the amendments to prohibit Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2018 to abolish threat of unlawful deposit schemes and prevent them from deceiving poor people.
- i.It was approves under the recommendations of the Standing Committee on Finance.
- ii.The amendments will further enhance the Bill to productively handle the problems of illegal deposit taking activities altogether, by making them offensive.
Head of Standing Committee of Finance– Veerappa Moily
Cabinet approves establishment of Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for Cows
The Union Cabinet has approved setting up of ‘Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog’ for conservation, protectiol and development of cows and to support small farmers by boosting their income.
- This announcement was made in the interim budget to frame a policy to save, conserve and develop the cows and their offspring which will lead to the enhancement of cattle population.
- It’ll be profitable to small farmers as their will be augmentation in livestock sector of cattle.
- The ‘Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog’ will work with Veterinary and Agriculture Universities and organizations which are indulge in breeding and rearing activities of cow.
A proposal for setting up 12000 MW grid-connected Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Power Projects was approved by CCEA
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA), headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved a proposal of Ministry of New & Renewable Energy to set up 12000 MW grid-connected Solar Photovoltaic Power projects with Viability Gap Funding (VGF) support of Rs. 8,580 crore.
- The 12000 MW Projects will be set up by the Government Producers in 4 years from 2019-20 to 2022-23.
- It is mandatory to use Solar Photovoltaic (SPV) Cells manufactured domestically in this scheme which will give a boost to “Make in India”.
- The Project is expected to provide employment opportunities to around 60,000 persons in the construction phase and around 18000 persons for next 25 years.
CCEA approves continuation of the Scheme of “Exploration of Coal and Lignite” for a period of 3 years with a cost of Rs.1875 crore
On 6th February 2019, The Cabinet Committee of Economic Affairs approved the scheme of “Exploration of Coal and Lignite” which involves 24,41,500 meter of drilling and 3,575 line km of surface geophysical survey with an expected expenditure of Rs.1875 Crore.
- This scheme will help the government to estimate the available Coal and Lignite resources in the country.
- The scheme is aimed at bringing additional coal resources to the national coal and lignite inventory and this exploration scheme is expected to continue beyond 12th Plan.
- The exploration of coal and Lignite is conducted in two stages in our country:- Regional exploration and Detailed Drilling.
“Broadcasting Infrastructure and Network Development” scheme of Prasar Bharati has been approved for 3 years
The Cabinet Committee led by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has approved the scheme of “Broadcasting Infrastructure and Network Development” proposed by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting at a cost of Rs. 1054.52 crore for three years (2017-18 to 2019-20).
- The Sanctioned amount of Rs 1054.52 Crore has been divided in two parts. 435.04 Crore has been approved for continuing schemes of All India Radio whereas remaining 619.48 Crore has been approved for the schemes of Doordarshan.
- The Launch of DD ArunPrabha Channel from Itanagar has been approved by the Cabinet for the people of North East Region.
- Under the Scheme, Digital Terrestrial Transmitters (DTTs) set up at 19 locations, Digitization of Studious at 39 locations, Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) vans at 15 locations and upgradation of earth stations has been approved.
- The expansions of studios of FM at 127 places has been approved for All India Radio under the scheme.
Cabinet approves creation of AMIF for development and upgradation of Agricultural marketing infrastructure
The Cabinet approved the creation of Agri-Market Infrastructure Fund (AMIF) of Rs. 2000 crore in association with National Bank for Agricultural & Rural Development (NABARD) for the development and upgradation of marketing infrastructure in Gramin Agricultural Markets (GrAMs) and Regulated Wholesale Markets.
- States and Union Territories may use AMIF for development of infrastructure in 10,000 GrAMs and 585 Agriculture Produce market Committees (APMCs).
- Subsidized loans will be provided to the States and UTs by AMIF and interest subsidy will be provided by Department of Agriculture Cooperation and Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW) to NABARD.