Cabinet Approvals With Foreign Countries On 6th February, 2019
8 Feb 2019 | Cabinet Approvals With Foreign Countries On 6th February, 2019
- Total View: 124
- Posted: Feb 9, 2019 1:45 am
Cabinet Approvals With Foreign Countries On 6th February, 2019
On 6th February 2019, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the following agreement with Foreign Countries. The MOUs or MOCs are;
MoU between India and Malaysia for Mutual Cooperation in the field of company secretaryship is approved by Union Cabinet
Union Cabinet led by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Mutual Cooperation between India and Malaysia.The MoU will raise the status and prestige of the practicing Company Secretary in both countries.
- It will facilitate the movement of the company secretaries across border in the Asia Pacific region.
- MoU was signed between Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) and ‘Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries (MACS).
- It will strengthen cooperation and to raise the status and prestige of the practicing Company Secretary in both jurisdiction.
♦ Capital: Kuala Lumpur
♦ Currency: Ringgit
♦ Prime Minister: Mahathir Bin Mohammed
MoU between India and Election Management Bodies of Namibia and Panama is approved by the Union Cabinet
The Union Cabinet chaired approved MoU for cooperation in the field of electoral management and administration between India and the Electoral Commission of Namibia (ECN) & Electoral Tribunal of Panama (ETP).
- MoU would promote bilateral cooperation aimed at building technical assistance/capacity support for the ECN and ETP.
- It contains standard articles/clauses which broadly express promotion of cooperation in the field of electoral management and administration including promotion of exchange of knowledge and experience in the field of organization and technical development of electoral process.
♦ Capital: Windhoek
♦ Currency: Rand
♦ Capital: Panama City
♦ Currency: Balboa
♦ President: Juan Carlos Vasela
MoU between India and Norway on India – Norway Ocean Dialogue is approved by Union Cabinet
The Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and Norway on Norway Ocean Dialogue to promote cooperation in the areas of mutual interest pertaining to the development of blue economy.
- Norway is a global leader in the areas of Blue Economy and they are well equipped with cutting edge technologies and expertise in various Ocean resources and maritime transport.
- MoU will contribute to create opportunities for collaboration in areas such as exploitation of hydrocarbons as well as management of ports.
♦ Capital: Oslo
♦ Currency: Krone
♦ President: Erna Solberg
MoU on cooperation in the field of medicine and homeopathy between India and Brazil is approved by Union Cabinet
Cabinet committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved MoU on cooperation in the field of traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy between India and Brazil. MoU will enhance bilateral cooperation between the nations in the areas of traditional systems of medicine by considering their shared cultural heritage.
♦ Capital: Brasilia
♦ Currency: Real
♦ President: Jair Bolsonaro
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Maldives to improve the ecosystem for agribusiness
Union Cabinet approves MoU between India and Maldives on establishing mutual cooperation to improve the ecosystems for agriculture. MoU was signed between Ministry of Agriculture and Farmer Welfare, India and Ministry of Fisheries, Marine Resources and Agriculture, Maldives.
- The MoU which is aimed to improve the ecosystem for agribusiness will provide cooperation in various field including agriculture census, Integrated Farming System, Irrigation and Soil health Management.
- In order to prepare plan of cooperation and to implement the tasks determined by parties, A joint Working Group will be formed under the MoU.
Cabinet approves MoU on development Cooperation in Africa between India and UAE
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCAE) chaired by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has approved MoU on development cooperation in Africa between India and United Arab Emirates.
- It will strengthen political and economic linkages and serve broader strategic interest between two nations.
- It entails setting up of a frame work of cooperation between the two countries for implementing development partnership projects and programmes in Africa.
♦ Capital: Abu Dhabi
♦ Currency: Dirham
Cabinet approves agreement between India and Ukraine for cooperation in agriculture and food industry
Union cabinet approved an agreement between India and Ukraine for cooperation in agriculture and food industry for the period of five years.
- The agreement includes a joint working group comprising of representatives from both the countries and It will provide for cooperation in various fields of agriculture and the food industry.
- Any party can terminate the agreement after 6 months from the date of receipt of Notification to terminate the agreement.
♦ Capital: Kiev
♦ Currency: Hryvnia
♦ President: Petro Poroshenko
MoU between India and Finland in the field of biotechnology is approved by Union Cabinet
The Union Cabinet approved MoU between India’s Department of Biotechnology (DBT) and Finland’s Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) in the field of biotechnology for cooperation based on mutual interest and to facilitate knowledge sharing and knowledge generation among scientists, researchers and industry.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Uzbekistan for promoting bilateral cooperation in the area of e-Governance
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for promoting bilateral cooperation in the field of e-Governance, signed between India and Uzbekistan has been approved by the Union Cabinet.
It will promote close cooperation in the areas of e-Governance, IT education, implementation and roll out of generic products or devices in various sectors.
♦ Capital – Tashkent
♦ Currency – Som
Cabinet approves Framework Agreement between India and Indonesia
Cabinet committee on Economic Affairs headed by Narendra Modi approved the Framework Agreement between India and Indonesia on cooperation in the exploration and uses of outer space for peaceful Purposes.
The MoU will strengthen the cooperation between India and Indonesia which will help in establishing ISRO’s TTC station at Indonesia.
♦ Capital: Jakarta
♦ Currency: Rupiah